The modern market is filled with choices for pumps and systems, all designed to deliver on different objectives. And whether you’re a homeowner, work in agriculture or a more complex application, choosing the perfect one for your needs is half the challenge.
Essentially, it’s easy to feel like you’re lost in a minefield of research and information, all targeted at guiding you through the checkout process. But it’s important to understand that various brands and units all have their own capabilities and functions – some with more quality-driven features than others.
So, to help you along the way, we’ve put together a few ways to choose which Grundfos pump is the ultimate choice for your contexts.
What’s the intended use?
You’ll need to ask yourself a few questions here around what you’re intending to use the unit itself for. This will help you map out specific requirements and if a model you’re looking at will fulfill them:
- Will you use it for your garden or rainwater exclusively?
- How big is your garden or yard?
- Are you wanting to distribute water to your toilet/laundry or your entire property?
- Is your property single or double-story?
Know the source
Next, observe exactly how your water will be derived in the first place, as this has a huge impact on the ability of the pump to do its job:
- Note whether your tank is below or above ground
- How far away is the tank itself?
Some systems have features that others don’t, and price generally plays a big factor in this. For this part tick of whether you need:
- The ability for the unit to run as a variable speed unit
- Provide mains water backup if your tank runs out or you experience a power outage.
- A quiet system, if it’s positioned nearby or inside your actual property.
To find out more about which unit would best suit your needs, we recommend getting in touch with our friendly team for more information.